Limerick and Clare Education and Training Board is the leading provider of Further Education and Training in Limerick and Clare. We offer a range of full time and part time courses to over 15,000 learners in over 300 locations across the region every year. For full details of LCETB Further Education and Training Options, visit www.lcfet.ie.
Our Full Time Courses are aimed at those who want to return to education in order to enhance their opportunities for employment or progression to further studies. They consist of
- Post Leaving Certificate (PLC) Courses, which are self-containedone and two year programmes for Adults who have completed upper second level education.
- Vocational Training Opportunities Scheme (VTOS), which is a one or two year learning programme for adults over 21 years old, and in receipt of a social welfare payment.
- Youthreach, which is a programme for unemployed young early school leavers aged between 15 and 20.
Our Part Time Courses
- Back to Education Initiative (BTEI), which is a programme targeted at adults returning to education with less than upper second level standard of education. All courses offer access to certification at QQI Level 1 to 6 through the National Framework of Qualifications, and are offered in partnership with a number of agencies throughout Limerick and Clare.
- Community Education, which is a flexible, community-based service, operated in partnership with community groups. Venues for these courses include community centres, family resource centres, parish and club halls.
- Literacy Services, which offer a confidential, free service to all adults, who have reading and writing difficulties. Programmes are tailor-made to suit learner needs and are delivered in groups and one to one settings.
- Prison Education, which is a programme delivered in Limerick City Prison with both accredited and non-accredited courses attended on a voluntary basis by prisoners
- Evening Courses, which are provided by Limerick College of Further Education and Ennis Community College include a wide range of relevant accredited and general interest programmes available every September and January in many disciplines.
Other LCETB FET provision
- Teaching Services to other Institutions – Teaching services provided by LCETB to a range of education, training and social service organisations. Following an application process, a range of organisations and projects are allocated teaching hours by the Department of Education and Skills.
- Adult Educational Information Guidance Service (AEIGS) – a free, local and confidential service offering adult education information, one-to-one guidance, meetings and group guidance workshops to support adults to make informed educational, career and life choices. This service is offered to adults who are not in full-time education and who are considering second-chance learning opportunities.
The Limerick and Shannon Training Centres transferred to LCETB on 01 July 2014. Training delivery includes Contracted Training and funding for Community Training Centres, Local Training Initiatives and Specialist Training Provision. See Training Centres for more information.